Otrada farms 22,000 ha of land in Terbuny, Dobrinka and Stanovoe (Lipetsk). 40% of this land is directly owned by the company, with the remaining part under a long-term lease.
Striving to be totally self-sufficient, Otrada produces more than 100% of grain needed to feed its pigs.
We follow sustainable agriculture practices in our crop farming operations:
- Controlled traffic farming (all our machines have a width multiple of 12 m) to avoid compaction and preserve natural properties of soil.
- Use of cover crops to maintain organic soil content and reduce the need for cultivation/ploughing.
- Minimum tillage (aiming towards direct seeding) to keep moisture and worms in the soil.
- Replacement of most chemical fertilizers with pig manure to increase organic soil content.
All machinery is imported from Europe as we strive to have the most advanced production tools to optimize productivity and fully control the condition of land we use:
- Claas tractors and combine harvesters controlled by Telematics and 365 FarmNet software;
- Horsch seeders and cultivators;
- Agrometer manure spreaders.
Excessive arable land is allocated to producing malting barley seeds for Soufflet Group (France). With 1,800 ha cropped for this purpose, Otrada is Soufflet’s largest seed multiplier in Russia.