Help / About
Browsersync is an open-source project created and maintained by the front-end designers/developers at JH . Together with contributors from all over the world, we aim to make modern, multi-device web development faster & easier.
- Why isn’t Browsersync connecting with my project?
- 99% of the time, it's because your web page doesn't have a
bodytag. In order for Browsersync to connect properly the
bodytag must be present in your website (we add a script tag just after it). Alternatively you can provide a custom rule for the snippet using snippetOptions
- Which mode should I be running in?
- If you already have an existing server setup (such as an Express app, Mamp, Rails etc, then you need the proxy option.
- If you intend to copy/paste the snippet into your website manually, you use the
snippetmode. This is the default mode and is achieved by omitting both the server & proxy options
- Where can I report an issue?
If you have found an issue with the Browsersync UI, please use our issue tracker
We'd love for you to contribute to Browsersync and help make it even better than it is today! Please read our contributor guidelines.